Swan Lake Watershed CD is hiring a TechnicianBy Sean Goertzen
The Swan Lake Watershed Conservation District is now accepting applications from qualified individuals for a full time (36.25hrs/week) Technician (1 year term). Salary is negotiable.
Qualifications & Duties:
- Graduate of a recognized program in Natural Resource Management, Engineering Technology (CET), Agriculture, Environmental Sciences or related education
- Available to work Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm with periodic overtime
- Experience conducting surveying, field data collection, and computer analysis (RTK GNSS and Global Mapper/GIS)
- Field experience in all weather conditions as well as working independently
- Experience writing reports and proposals for grants
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills to help trouble shoot possible technical equipment issues and hand held equipment issues
- Ability to communicate, organize, and work well with others including the public
- Understanding of erosion, hydrology, agriculture, and environmental stewardship
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s license
Reporting to the District Manager, the Technician is responsible for a variety of technical duties associated with the implementation of the Conservation District Program. This includes but is not limited to the following; surveying and data collection, working with partnering agencies, promoting district programs, grant and proposal writing, communications with landowners, maintaining district equipment, surface and groundwater sampling, temporary staff supervision, assisting with the organization of district tour/banquet/water festival, and social media/public promotions.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes (including three references and salary expectations) to the SLWCD manager, Stephanie Reid by fax, email, or in person at the Swan Lake Watershed Conservation District office, by 4:30 p.m. September 14th, 2018.
Swan Lake Watershed Conservation District
559 4th Avenue N
Swan River, Manitoba R0L 1Z0
The Swan Lake Watershed Conservation District would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected applicants will be contacted on or before September 21st, 2018.