Sean Goertzen starts as new executive directorBy Sean Goertzen
A bit about me: I grew up on a grain and hog farm near Fork River (north of Dauphin and just south of Winnipegosis). I have a master’s in public policy and I’ve served as coordinator for Manitoba Eco-Network, cap and trade policy analyst for the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, researcher for the International Institute for Sustainable Development, and climate change policy analyst for Keystone Agricultural Producers. And if you’re ever looking for a hockey goalie or a drummer, I’m your guy.
When I’m not on the road visiting our districts, I’m working out of MHHC’s Winnipeg office at 200 – 1555 St James Street, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Our HQ is still 930 Victoria Ave East in Brandon.
Fortunately, Shane is staying on part time to handle finances and to lend her extensive experience in supporting our conservation districts.
Feel free to get in touch with me at 204-570-0164 or email@example.com any time. I’d love to hear about:
- – meetings or events I should attend;
- – info to share with all CDs;
- – joint funding opportunities for multiple CDs;
- – PR opportunities to show the good work CDs are doing;
- – professional development priorities;
- – priorities for advocacy on Bill 7 implementation and other government matters; and
- – any other ways we can take the next steps to support your district and put MCDA’s strategic plan into action.
On the PR/funding front, I’d love to continue our efforts to gather stories about the good work that our conservation districts are doing and data on the outcomes, so I can help them attract more resources to support their work.
I’m impressed with everything our conservation districts have accomplished, and I’m looking forward to supporting them however I can as MCDA takes the next steps to protect our watersheds.